Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our Signature Cocktail...

This is something I have been thinking a lot about. Mike and I have more or less decided to do a beer and wine bar. To make things more interesting we definitely want to introduce a signature cocktail during cocktail hour. Since lavender is sort of an underlying theme in our wedding I thought it might be fun to create a drink with lavender. I was thinking a lavender infused vodka lemonade served in mason jars.

Of course Martha has some fun lavender infused cocktails on her site. Specifically, a lavender champagne and a lavender whiskey sour. I'll have to do some more research on this and play around with some recipes to see what tastes good.


NY Mag has some great suggestions on how to serve your signature cocktail, like keeping the cocktails to cocktail hour only to keep the experience memorable and ensure that people don't get tired of drinking the same thing throughout the length of the reception.

No comments: